Residents and businesses in Streatham's St Leonard's ward said that they wanted us to tackle speeding and improve the street environment, we are now consulting on proposals.
In 2015/16 residents and businesses in St Leonard's ward said that they wanted us to tackle speeding and improve the street environment in the area.
We have listened to local concerns and want to work to improve the junction of Woodfield Avenue, Garrad’s Road, Bedford Hill and Abbotswood Road by:
- Creating a wider pavement.
- New planting area on the north side of Woodfield Avenue.
- Narrowing the width of the road.
- Also raising the road level to improve pedestrian safety and reduce traffic speeds.
- Building a wider pavement.
- New trees.
- Seating area.
- Improving the access on the southern side of Woodfield Avenue.
All Feedback will be reviewed by the service in order to finalise the junction rebuild plans and we will inform local residents of the final plan and timeline for build, by January 2018.
We also to hope to engage community with local greening on new site (e.g. via Father Nature), around March 2018.
Further information on the Our Streets - The Neighbourhood Enhancement Programme