Ask us to remove your single person discount for Council Tax if you're no longer the only adult - aged 18 and over - living in your home.

Do it online

What you need to know...

You must have a Council Tax account and have your name on the bill to remove a single person’s discount, or have permission from someone named on the bill.

Before you start

You’ll need:

  • your council tax account number
  • the date you want to cancel your discount from
  • the previous address of the person who has moved in.

You may have to pay a fine if you don’t tell us you're no longer entitled the discount.

Next Steps

We'll send you a new bill once your single person’s discount has been removed.

In the meantime you must treat your current bill as correct and continue to make payments as the bill demands.