If you were responsible for Council Tax at your old address and are moving within Lambeth, register for Council Tax at your new address and close your old account.

Do it online

If this will be the first time you’re registering for Council Tax, go to Tell us you’re moving into Lambeth.

What you need to know...

Before you start

You’ll need your:

  • Council Tax reference number
  • landlord or agent’s details and any joint tenant details if you've been a tenant
  • solicitors and any joint owner’s details if you’re buying or selling the property.

If you have any difficulty completing the form, contact us on 0345 302 2312 or fill in our enquiry form.

Other people still living at your previous address

If you’re moving home but other people are staying at the property, we’ll close the existing Council Tax account and open a new one with a different reference number for the remaining occupants.

Next Steps

We'll send a final bill showing how much you need to pay to settle your balance or if you're owed a refund.

If you're account is in credit we can transfer this amount to your new account.