If you're a Lambeth Housing tenant or homeowner, find out how you can tell us when you're not happy with something we've done.

Sections in this guide (click title to view)

1. Early resolution

We can usually put things right quickly if you contact the service you’re not happy with directly.

They will make contact with you within two working days and agree actions and timescales to resolve the issues. At this stage you will not receive a formal response.

You can speak with them by contacting the housing contact centre on 0207 926 6000 and by choosing the service area you wish to complain about and informing the officer you wish to make a complaint.

View further contact details on our contact us page.

2. Local resolution

If the matter has not been resolved, you can ask that your complaint is escalated from early resolution to local resolution.

The service area will acknowledge this within two working days and will respond to you within 10 working days.

You can submit your request using our online form or you can call the housing contact centre on 0207 926 6000.

Hopefully this will resolve the matter, however if you remain dissatisfied, you can contact us again for your complaint to be escalated for a review.

3. The review

Requests for a review should be made after receiving a local resolution outcome.

The request should set out in what way the local resolution was inadequate and what you would like to happen or what action you would like us to take to resolve the complaint. The review will not address new issues that were not previously raised at the local resolution stage.

We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days. We will then review the handling of your complaint and reply within 20 working days. If we need longer we will contact you.

The outcome of the review will represent our final response on the matter and we will not enter into any further correspondence or discussion on the complaint.

If you are dissatisfied you may be entitled to refer the matter to the Housing Ombudsman Service either directly after eight weeks of completing the complaint process or earlier where supported by a ‘designated person’.

Guidance will be provided as part of the review response.

Corporate Complaints Unit
PO Box 734
S023 5DG

Phone: 020 7926 1282
Email: HMReview@lambeth.gov.uk

4. Taking your complaint further

If you are not happy with the way that we have handled your complaint and review the Independent Housing Ombudsman may be able to consider your case.

You can ask for your complaint to be referred to the Independent Housing Ombudsman by:

Contacting your MP.

Contact details for all MPs can be found on the House of Commons website.

You can also contact the House of Commons by telephoning their Information Office on 020 7219 4272 or writing to: House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Contacting a Lambeth councillor

You can approach any councillor in Lambeth. Find out who your local councillor is and how to contact them.

You can also find contact details for Lambeth councillor's by calling 020 7926 1000.

If you would rather approach the Independent Housing Ombudsman directly, you can, but you must wait eight weeks from the date of receiving the response from our review of your complaint.

Contact details for the Independent Housing Ombudsman are:

Housing Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
Harbour Exchange Square
E14 9GE

0300 111 3000