Sections in this guide (click title to view)

1. Information for your mortgage provider

If you’ve applied for a new mortgage or to borrow more money, then your mortgage provider may need information from us about including:

  • current service charge account balance and statement (including ground rent)
  • number of properties currently sold within the block range
  • details of section 146 notices served on the property for non-payment of the service charge and any additional courts fees and interest payable
  • building insurance schedule and policy booklet (leasehold properties only)
  • notice fee
  • landlord’s name and address
  • details of any management company acting on the council’s behalf.

We will provide the information they need in a pre-assignment pack. The fee for this is £200.

2. Change of mortgage company

Your lease says that you need to tell us if you have a new mortgage by sending us a document called notice of charge.

Please check with your solicitor or mortgage lender whether they’ve sent us the paperwork and paid the fee, or you can tell us about the change now, pay the fee and upload a copy of the notice.

3. Remortgaging and the Right to Buy discount

If you’re in the process of purchasing under the Right to Buy or bought within the last five years, then your mortgage provider may ask us to make changes at the Land Registry.

Your mortgage provider or solicitor may call this a letter of postponement and it relates to the Right to Buy discount. The administrative costs below are for processing the application and don't guarantee any changes at the Land Registry.