If you want to park your vehicle on your estate, you will need to apply for an estate parking permit. Permits are valid only for the vehicle and estate or bay specified on the e-permit and for the period they are issued. Where you can park is normally based on your address.

Coronavirus (Covid-19) update: Parking enforcement on housing estates in Lambeth has been suspended until further notice for both residents & their visitors.

This is due to issues with renewing housing estate permits - we will not enforce against those housing estate residents whose permit has expired at this time.

We will continue to enforce against any vehicles that are not entitled to park on a housing estate.

Please don't attend the Civic Centre to renew a permit - anyone wishing to renew an expired permit should wait until enforcement is reintroduced.

Parking controls operate as normal on all our roads to ensure essential business can run as usual at this time.

Get the latest update on Lambeth Council's response to coronavirus.

To apply online for an estate or visitor parking permit

You will need the following:

  • a valid email account
  • debit or credit card to make payment
  • scanner, camera or camera phone
  • a printer

When applying online we carry out a verification check of you at your property address, if successful you will not need to supply any further evidence.

If we have been unable to verify your details automatically, you will be required to upload additional evidence. All evidence must be supplied within 30 days of submitting your application, otherwise your permit will be cancelled with no refund due to you. Evidence must be in the applicants name and must state the Lambeth address for which the permit is being applied for. Whilst additional checks are taking place, you can park your vehicle. If the correct evidence is not supplied within 30 days, your application will be cancelled with no refund given.

Payments will need to be made by debit or credit card.

You should also read the terms of use for estate resident parking e-permits and estate visitor parking permits

Cost for this service

Residents estate permits cost £31.79 per year.

Visitor permits are available in books of (a maximum of 50 visitor scratch cards can be bought per month):

  • 10 scratch cards for £15
  • 20 scratch cards for £30
  • 50 scratch cards for £75.

Visitor permits

To buy visitor parking permits, you'll need to provide one proof of ID:

driving licence passport birth certificate.

And one proof of address:

utility bill council tax bill tenancy agreement.

Residents permits

To buy a resident estate parking permit, you'll need to provide:

proof of address - utility bill, council tax bill or tenancy agreement your vehicle log book (V5) (proof you own the vehicle) your car tax or statutory off road notice (SORN) your driver's licence your MOT certificate your insurance certificate.

Once you have paid for your permit, you will be able to park your vehicle from the date selected. if you were prompted to upload additional proof to support your application you must do so within 30 days of the permit application. you can continue to park your vehicle while these checks take place. if you do not provide the correct evidence within the approval period your permit will be cancelled without notice All documentation must correspond to the address / estate that you are applying for permits or visitor permits on.

If you are not a named person on the council tenancy or the leaseholder of the property, you will require a signed letter from the main tenant or leaseholder in addition to documentation above.

If you are in arrears of more than one week's rent or one months service charge (leaseholders) you must have a proven payment plan in place to pay off these arrears before being approved.

Replacing or renewing permits

You will need to purchase a new permit if:

  • you change address
  • your permit runs out - you must apply before your current permit expires.

SORN exemption

If you have applied for a statutory off road notice (SORN) from the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA), you can apply for a parking permit for the duration of the notice. You must clearly display the SORN in the vehicle.

Permission must be given from your local area office before parking a SORN vehicle on your estate.

Virtual Permits and Parking on Estates

Ahead of the move to virtual permits on estates we have produced some frequently asked questions