If you're having trouble paying your rent because of various debts, contact our rent team who can make relevant referrals to support you.
Call us on on 020 7926 0820.
You can also get debit advice from:
- Lambeth Adviceline
- Centre 70 - welfare / debt / housing advice and counselling services
- London Mutual Credit Union.
Money Advice Service - money health check
Whatever the situation with your finances, it’s good to know where you stand and that you are making the most of what you have.
The health check, a new online money planner from the Money Advice Service, is for everyone.
The Money Advice Service is independent and it’s here to help everyone understand and manage their money better.
It takes just ten minutes to answer some straightforward questions and the health check will give you a personalised action plan which identifies the top three things you can do to make the most of your money right now, and to plan for future goals.
Best of all - it’s free and it’s unbiased. The Money Advice Service won’t recommend a particular product or provider or try to sell you anything.
Lambeth FACE (Financial Advice and Confidence Education) helps residents living in Lambeth to manage their finances and be free from debt.
Run by Metropolitan Housing, the service can help you:
- access specialist support and advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau around maximising income and an action plan to tackle any debts
- to improve your financial knowledge, confidence and money management skills
- to regularly assess your financial skills and progress
- find work experience through being a mentor to other tenants
- with guidance and support about other services you may need or benefit from.
Find out more about Lambeth FACE and how to access the service.
CAP Money Course
CAP Money is a simple, yet highly effective money management course that teaches people budgeting skills and a cash-based system that really works.
This course will help anyone to get more in control of their finances, so they can save and prevent debt.
Courses are run by St. Marks Kennington and are free to attend.
Find out more about the CAP Money Course.
Price comparison services
This Is Money provide independent advice and compare a variety of services such as bank accounts, insurance, utilities and broadband.
Uswitch offer a similar service covering utilities, bank accounts, insurance and communication products.