Helpful information if you're moving into Lambeth. How to register for Council Tax and other services. Get to know the borough and your neighbourhood.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
- 1. Register for Council Tax
- 2. mylambeth online account
- 3. Register to vote
- 4. Parking permits
- 5. Rubbish and recycling collections
- 6. Get to know Lambeth and your neighbourhood
1. Register for Council Tax
If you've just moved in to Lambeth, tell us about your change of address and register for Council Tax.
You'll complete an online form and you'll get the opportunity to set up a Direct Debit to pay your Council Tax.
We'll send out your first bill, which will have details on different ways to pay.
Once you have your council tax account number, you can manage your Council Tax online through mylambeth - where you'll be able to see your bills, change Direct Debit details and turn off paper billing.
2. mylambeth online account
mylambeth services give you secure and flexible 24/7 access to council accounts.
3. Register to vote
Join the electoral register with your new address, to vote in local and national elections.
Find your local councillors - you can contact your local elected councillor if there's an issue in your neighbourhood, and to get involved in local projects.
4. Parking permits
Our resident parking permits allow you to park in controlled parking zones (CPZs) in Lambeth. Lambeth has 13 CPZs - find out where they are.
The cost depends on your emissions or engine size, and there are different fees for motorbikes.
Permit applications are done online. You can also apply for visitors' permits.
5. Rubbish and recycling collections
6. Get to know Lambeth and your neighbourhood
There's so much to explore in Lambeth, here are a few places to start.
- Explore Lambeth - find what's on in your neighbourhood.
- Find your local councillors.
- Read the latest news from the council and community on Love Lambeth.
- Parents - see what's available for children and families on Young Lambeth.
- Get involved - join the street champions and comment on a consultation.
- Follow Lambeth Council on twitter.