Local authorities must publish the following information on trade union facility time:
- total number (absolute number and full time equivalent) of staff who are union representatives (including general, learning and health and safety representatives)
- total number (absolute number and full time equivalent) of union representatives who devote at least 50 per cent of their time to union duties
- names of all trade unions represented in the local authority
- a basic estimate of spending on unions (calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary), and
- a basic estimate of spending on unions as a percentage of the total pay bill (calculated as the number of full time equivalent days spent on union duties multiplied by the average salary divided by the total pay bill).
Union representatives (>0.5 FTE)
|Headcount||FTE||Total salary||Salary as % of pay bill|
Shop Stewards (Time off as required)
|Headcount||FTE (substantive role – not trade union time)|
Unions represented: GMB, Unison, Unite.
This does not include Union representatives in Lambeth Schools, outsourced services, and Lambeth’s Housing Arms Length Management Organisation (ALMO).
Information is valid at 29/01/2015