Terms of Reference
Lambeth First works with key partners to oversee the development and delivery of the borough plan, Future Lambeth: Our borough plan’ 2016-2021. This sets out the vision and priorities for us and our partners up to 2021.
Lambeth First will:
- promote the vision
- play a role in overseeing strategy development across the partnership
- identify linkages across the work being coordinated by thematic partnerships.
It will focus on the key priorities of the plan:
- inclusive growth - our people, location, character and assets make Lambeth a great place to invest
- reducing inequality - we will use the opportunities and proceeds of growth, regeneration and housing to reduce inequality
- strong and sustainable neighbourhoods - we will invest in our neighbourhoods so they are places that bring people together, maintaining the cohesion and diversity of the borough.
Functions of the Lambeth First Board
- develop shared understanding and knowledge about the borough, leading to a shared vision and priorities
- promote the vision, shape the outcomes framework and generate proposed partnership activity by focusing on the key priorities of the plan
- maintain a forward-looking and proactive view of issues that the borough may face in the next 5 to 10 years
- provide the space and opportunity to build effective trust and collaboration between sectors
- establish common positions, allowing the borough to speak with one voice to regional and national government and agencies
- identify issues where working across thematic boundaries can add value
- scrutinise the programmes of work of thematic partnerships where there are significant risks to the achievement of borough plan outcomes and to hold each other to account for performance against shared borough outcomes
- explore and implement opportunities for joint commissioning, sharing resources, assets and people between the sectors and organisations
- promote collaboration across partners to enable engagement with a wide range of residents, partners and stakeholders to ensure that Lambeth's citizens, service users, communities and neighbourhoods are at the heart of decision making about outcomes and service delivery.
The membership of the Lambeth First Board will include representation of leaders from the private, public, voluntary, community and academic sectors in the borough:
- Black Cultural Archives
- Equality Commission
- Family Mosaic (Peabody)
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (GSST)
- Health Watch
- Job Centre Plus
- Lambeth Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Lambeth College
- Lambeth Council
- London South Bank University
- Metropolitan Police
- South Bank Employers’ Group
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM)
- Wheels for Wellbeing
- Young Lambeth Cooperative
Where a board member is unable to attend, a named deputy representing that organisation, who is of an equivalent level and able to participate in the work undertaken and make decisions must attend in their place.
Partnership meetings take place on a quarterly basis.