When we ask you for personal information, we will:
- ensure you know why we need it
- protect it and make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn't
- ensure you know if you have a choice about giving us information
- let you know if we need to share it with other organisations to give you better public services - and if you can say no
- make sure we don't keep it longer than necessary.
This is how we will protect your information and only collect and keep what we need.
In return, we ask you to:
- give us accurate information
- tell us as soon as possible of any changes
- tell us as soon as possible if you notice mistakes in the information we hold about you.
This helps us to keep our information reliable and up-to-date.
At any time, you can ask us for further details on:
- any agreements we have with other organisations for sharing information
- when we might be required to pass on information without telling you, for example, to prevent and detect crime
- our instructions to staff on proper collection, use and deletion of your personal information
- how we check the accuracy of the information we hold on you
For queries or complaints, please write to:
7th Floor, Phoenix House
10 Wandsworth Road
or use our online form: Make a complaint.
When we ask you for information, we will comply with the law, including the Data Protection Act 1998. For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data-sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner at: