If you’re a private sector tenant, find out how you can receive support to help you manage and maintain your home and your tenancy.

Do it online (external site)

Who can use this service

Any tenant that has opted or has been placed in the private sector via Lambeth Council’s Lettings service.

What you need to know...

This offers support to those that have been placed in the private rented sector following a homeless application in Lambeth Council. The aim is to support residents to maintain their tenancies. Our aim is to help you to manage your finances and tenancy effectively and to make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled to.

What type of support is provided?

The support provided depends on individual circumstances. The tenancy sustainment officer will carry out an assessment of your needs to determine what support can be offered. The following is some examples of the support which can be provided: We can help you with:

  • Ensuring rent is paid regularly and on time.
  • Managing money and budgeting to ensure rent and other essential bills are paid
  • Maximising income and ensuring you are in receipt of all Benefits you are entitled to
  • Assisting with Universal Credit and benefit issues
  • Understanding your tenancy and how to keep to it
  • Advising on how to look after your property
  • Referrals to others for debt and budgeting advice
  • Support in applying for Lambeth Council’s discretionary payments if impacted by the benefit cap.

How to access the service

The service can be accessed by making an enquiry to the tenancy sustainment service. Once completed, a tenancy sustainment officer will get in contact with you to discuss the issue you have raised. Alternatively for further information you can contact the tenancy sustainment team on 0207 926 0200.