This policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and your rights in relation to that information.
Our controller Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
Contact the Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect
- Your name and contact details
- Information to support your claim, such as tenancy agreements, fire safety records, gas and electrical safety certificates, and insurance documents
- Evidence from on site inspections, including photographs, and detailed notes of what was observed, witness statements, fire precautions, disrepair, number and names of people living there
- We may look up other information the council or other statutory agencies already hold about you
- Ownership and charge details from the land registry
- We collect the information above to assess your application for a license for house in multiple occupation (HMO) in line with requirements under the Housing Act 2004 and the mandatory HMO licensing regulations 2006 (as amended).
- We collect information from you directly and from other sources to process your HMO licence application. This includes information from other council departments and statutory services such as the fire brigade, police, community safety and neighbours, national rogue landlord register, Greater London Authority (GLA) rogue landlords register, landlord accreditation schemes, credit referencing agencies, freeholders, leaseholders, mortgage companies and other interested parties
We may pass on relevant information about you to:
- The public via the HMO licensing register
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs
- Solicitors and the courts
- Other statutory services, other local authorities, and other services within the council
- Any other freeholder or leaseholder of the property, mortgage company, or interested parties.
- National and GLA rogue landlord registers.
- You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used. We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if this issue is not resolved.
- You may at any time control access to and use of your personal information by contacting the Controller DPO. Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information and to prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.
View the full version of our privacy notice.