Our controller Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
Contact the Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect
- Name and contact details
- Proof of your identity, address and circumstances, e.g. family and dependents, tenancy agreements, financial details
- Cross reference with other information held by us or other statutory agencies, including benefit, medical and criminal records, social services records and immigration records where relevant
- Financial details, medical and criminal records, details of family circumstances and immigration records, where relevant
- We collect information about you to carry out our duties as required by legislation, including the Housing Act 1996 and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017
- We collect information from you directly and from others in order to assess your housing needed, eligibility for services, and housing options and to help prevent homelessness and provide you with housing, according to our statutory duties.
- We might ask your family members, landlord, GP or hospital, support worker, social services or other third parties for information
We share relevant information with:
- Other statutory agencies
- Other council departments
- Solicitors and advocates
- Accommodation providers including those in the private sector
- Support agencies that we work with, which we will ask for your consent for
- You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used. We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the ICO if this issue is not resolved.
- You may at any time control access to and use of your personal information by contacting the Controller DPO. Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information and to prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.
- We are required to provide the Government with data for a study called ‘understanding more about what causes homelessness and how well homelessness services meet peoples’ needs’. View Privacy notice for the collection of data for the homelessness reduction programme to see how the data will be used.
- • We must provide information on all new tenants/buyers, tenancy/sale and dwelling itself through CORE (Continuous Recording) submissions. Find more about CORE website
- View the full version of our privacy notice.