Information about how we can help and what services are available.

The Joint Service Advice Housing Office has responsibility for providing advice to service personnel on discharge.

Veterans UK offer advice and support to ex service personnel and operate a helpline that can provide advice on housing issues.

Charities and other organisations

In addition to the above official bodies, a number of charity and other organisations also offer support:


The armed forces charity, SSAFA, operates a helpline.

  • Telephone: 0800 731 4880

Veterans Aid

The charity, Veterans Aid, offers assistance to ex service personnel who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.


SPACES is a housing advice and placement service for veterans.

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion provides support and operates a helpline.

  • Telephone: 0808 802 8080

Get advice from a housing adviser

Get advice to prevent homelessness by submitting a housing assessment form online. A personal housing adviser will contact you as soon as we can to discuss how we can help you.

Get advice to prevent homelessness