These libraries are open on Monday to Saturday, from 11am to 4pm:
- South Lambeth
- West Norwood
- Lambeth Archives
- Home Library Service
Make an appointment
You will need an appointment to use the libraries. This is to maintain social distancing and keep everyone safe. Appointments will be on Monday to Saturday, from 11am to 4pm. You do not need to make an appointment to return items to these libraries.
Call or email your library or the Archives to book an appointment
Brixton Oval, London SW2 1JQ
020 7926 1058
192 Herne Hill Road, London SE24 0AG
020 7926 6050
Mary Seacole Centre, 91 Clapham High Street, London SW4 7DB
020 7926 0717
167 Kennington Lane, London SE11 4HF
020 7926 8682
South Lambeth Library
180 South Lambeth Road, London SW8 1QP
020 7926 0710
63 Streatham High Road, SW16 1PN
020 7926 6768
West Norwood Library
1-5 Norwood High Street, London SE27 9JX
PC bookings, call 020 7926 8092
Select and Collect, call 020 7926 8034
52 Knatchbull Road, London SE5 9QY
020 7926 6076
Home Library Service
020 7926 8335
You will be able to book to use the computers as well as printing, scanning and photocopying facilities.
Select and Collect, borrowing books and DVDs
We will be offering appointments to collect books that you have requested for free from our catalogue. If you prefer, one of our team of expert librarians will select items for you based on your personal tastes. You will be able to borrow up to 20 items, including books, audiobooks and DVDs. We can select items for the whole family; just let us know what you like.
Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is also restarting and can deliver books to you if you are housebound and cannot get to a library. Email email@example.com to sign up for this service. The Home Library Service will be doing door-step deliveries only.
Other events and services
Regular events such as reading groups, Wriggle and Rhyme, code clubs, local history talks, ESOL groups for now will continue online.
Join the library
As a member of Lambeth Libraries, you have full access to a wide range of online resources such as e-books, e-audiobooks, films, newspapers, magazines, comics, Encyclopaedia Britannica and much more. Visit www.lambeth.gov.uk/libraries to see the full list of online resources.
For further information or if you would like to receive the Lambeth Libraries and Archives regular newsletter with the latest updates please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 0750.
Coronavirus and keeping you safe
We have been working hard behind the scenes to keep you safe:
- all our libraries and the archives have had a deep clean
- when you visit for an appointment there will always be an onsite cleaner to wipe down surfaces
- hand sanitisers will be available for you to use as you come in
- screens have been installed at service points
- layouts have been changed and signs put up so social distancing can be maintained
- any books returned or archives items touched will be quarantined for 3 days
- the Home Library Service will be doing door-step deliveries only
- toilets will not be available except for emergency use and by those with disabilities so they can be cleaned between use
To help maintain a high level of safety we ask you to:
- not come to the library if you have symptoms such as a high temperature or persistent cough or have tested positive for Covid-19
- wear a face covering when you visit if you can
- only come to the library once you have made an appointment for a service or are returning items
- at all times follow the social distancing measures so that everyone can enjoy using the service whilst staying safe
You may also opt in to NHS Test and Trace for your visit. This means that if anyone using the library or archives at the same time as you test positive with Covid-19, you will be contacted by NHS Test and Trace. If you provide your name and telephone number, we will keep your data secure and delete it after 21 days.