We consulted residents on proposed changes to Milkwood Community Park and the gardens in August 2018. These are our proposals.
The following proposals for improvements to Milkwood Community Gardens are based on the following criteria:
- requirements of funding obligation
- initial consultation with Friends of Milkwood Community Gardens, Residents Association and local community stakeholders
- responses from formal public consultation
- available budget
- condition report from the Parks service on children’s play equipment.
The proposals are to:
- remove large wooden play equipment. This equipment is broken in several places and has proved to be difficult to repair in the past
- replace the wooden plane with an accessible roundabout and cradle swing
- remove the redundant wooden trim trail located on the grass area
- replace the wooden trim trail with new outdoor gym equipment. Selected pieces to be installed on the grass area using grass protection under each piece of equipment
- install three new covered litter bins one at each entrance
- remove the redundant cradle swing and renovate the surface with asphalt
- install new a table tennis table to the area of the old cradle swing
- renovate the planters. Four large planters to be re-screwed, levelled, sanded, varnished and topped up with soil
- smaller planters to be built up to the height of the larger planters
- repair the damaged wet pour in the children’s play area
- create a new event area which will be hard-standing, asphalt with painted streetscape to be used by children on scooters or bikes for example
- replant a sensory garden at the entrance from Heron Road
- repaint the mural on the sub-station.