The closing date for nominations is Sunday 5 June. The awards ceremony will take place in September.
Do it online
What you need to know...
Every day across Lambeth, people who care about their local community make a positive contribution to the lives of others. Do you know someone who freely gives their time, working individually or with others in Lambeth who deserves recognition? Let us know as we would like to thank these people and recognise their contribution to the borough.
The closing date for nominations is Sunday 5 June at midnight. The awards ceremony will take place in September. The eight categories are as follows:
1. Resident of the year
Do you know someone who has made a real difference in the past 12 months, making Lambeth a brighter place for those around them? How did they/you go above and beyond in supporting and inspiring others? Please explain the difference this has made to the community.
2. Young person’s community award Lambeth has an abundance of amazing young people. This award is for an under-25 who shows commitment to their local area. Perhaps they represent young people, give their time to help others, or by getting involved with local groups.
3. Bringing your neighbourhood together award This could be someone who goes out of their way to improve a public amenity in your area for the benefit of others (e.g. a street, park or community centre), or someone who goes out of their way to bring their community together.
4. Innovation and enterprise award An individual or group who makes the most of the assets available to them and uses their skills and networks to improve the well being for residents and the community in the local area in new and innovative ways.
5. Best individual garden award
Individual property that is shared with the public ie front gardens, balconies. Judges will be looking for best use of limited resources and space.
6. Best community garden award
A community garden involving more than one person. Plants and flowers only. Judges will be looking for best use of limited resources and space.
7. Food growing project
A community project using shared space involving more than one person. Edibles only. No flowers or plants.
8. Voluntary or community organisation of the year award To be awarded to a local community group or voluntary organisation that has made a difference to their community in the last 12 months by either promoting community resilience and/or well being
We welcome nominations from anybody who believes they know someone or a group/organisation that they feel should be recognised. Nominations will be judged by a panel of councillors, the Metropolitan Police, Fire Brigade and independent members of the business and voluntary sectors of the community.
To be eligible nominees need to live in the borough and nominated organisations must be located within Lambeth. You can only nominate individuals, for categories one to seven and groups or organisations for category eight. Elected members (councillors) cannot be nominated. Please note that staff and businesses cannot be nominated.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.