The Parking Permits Service website is run by Farthest Gate Limited on behalf of Lambeth Council. We've made every effort to make this site accessible and easy to use for everyone by supporting the latest version of browsers and operating systems.
You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
- use the site in plain text format (without styling)
We’ve also written the text in Plain English to make it as simple as possible to understand. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We aim to make this site easy to understand. If you have difficulty understanding any of the content, please contact us at email@example.com.
How accessible this website is
This website is fully accessible.
Navigating the site without using a mouse
You can move between links using the 'Tab' key on the keyboard. To tab through the links in the opposite direction, key 'Shift+Tab'. Once a link is highlighted, key 'Enter' to follow the link.
We haven’t fixed the size of the text on the website so you can alter the font size on the screen to make it easier to read.
There are a number of ways to change the text size in your browser, the easiest way is to follow these steps:
Hold down the ctrl key and press the + / – key
Press Apple and the + / – key. To return the text to its original size, press Apple + 0
- select the ‘View’ menu
- select Zoom
- click on Zoom text only and then hold down the ctrl key and press the + key
It is also possible to increase or decrease the size of the text by holding down the ctrl key whilst using the scroll wheel on the mouse.
- select the ‘View’ menu
- select the ‘Text Size’ option from the menu
- click on the text size you want to view
- select ‘settings’ from the menu
- under ‘reading view font size’ select the font size you want
You can set your web browser to ignore the colours that we have used on this website. You can ask your browser to use your own preferred colour scheme when viewing this site.
- change the colours for Chrome
- change colours for Safari
- change the colours for Firefox
- change colours for Internet Explorer
- change colours for Microsoft Edge
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 1000.
We’ll consider your request and get back to you within 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, email email@example.com or call 020 7926 1000.
It would be helpful if your email contained the following:
- The URL(s)(web address) of the page(s) that you are having difficulties with
- How you are accessing the site, for example on your phone, on a laptop, on a tablet
- If on a laptop or tablet, which browser you are using, for example Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari
- The nature of your disability, if any
- A description of the problem
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
If you would like information published by Lambeth Council in large print, Braille, audio tape, in pictures and symbols, or in a community language please call 020 7926 1000.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Lambeth Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 10th May 2020. The test was carried out by Farthestgate, using WAVE web accessibility tool for Firefox and Chrome.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We have monitoring in place to review the accessibility of the site on an ongoing basis. We use this monitoring to identify and fix any new issues that arise.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on May 11 2020. It was last reviewed on May 11 2020.