Do it online (external site)
If you experience any technical difficulties please get in touch with us using the Contact the Parking Team webform.
Council estate parking permits and vouchers can be purchased from your local housing office and on the Housing Management site.
Who can use this service
You can apply for a permit if you are a resident within one of Lambeth's Controlled Parking Zones. To be a resident you must spend a minimum of four nights a week at the property.
You can apply for a first time permit and renewal online.
Alternatively you can book an appointment and apply in person at the Brixton Customer Centre. For more information please see this web link. Please note this is an appointment only service.
This application is for on-street permits only. For Estate permits, please visit your local estate office or go to http://housingmanagement.lambeth.gov.uk/parking.
To apply online
You will need the following:
- an email account
- debit or credit card to make payment
- scanner, camera or camera phone
- a printer
When applying online we carry out a verification of you at your address, if successful you will not need to supply any further evidence.
If we have been unable to verify your details automatically, we will send your permit once we have approved the documentation provided.
Please provide the following
- vehicle Registration Document (V5/C) OR valid Insurance schedule
- hiring/Leasing agreement - If you are hiring a vehicle
- company Letter - if you drive a company car
Also two items from the list below as proof of address:
- driving licence (current address)
- bank or credit card statement - dated within the last three months
- utility bill - dated within the last three months (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)
- solicitor's completion letter - dated within the last three months
- current Lambeth council tax document
- home contents insurance policy
- signed current formal tenancy agreement
- an electoral canvas form or polling card - dated in the last year.
After paying by card you will be able to print a two week temporary permit to display on your vehicle. Your permit will then be sent to you in 10 - 14 working days provided your validation has been successful. If we have been unable to verify your details automatically, we will send your permit once we have approved the documentation provided.
Replacement permits will be issued when your existing permit has been lost, damaged or stolen. Once the replacement permit is issued, the existing permit becomes invalid. There will be an administration charge for the reissue of a permit. If the lost or stolen permit is recovered, then it should be returned to the Council. Replacement permits are non-refundable.
Change of vehicle
When you change your vehicle you should immediately apply for a new permit. Your existing permit is only valid on the vehicle which matches the registration number on the front. However, if your existing parking permit falls within the same cost band as your new vehicle a straightforward swap can take place once you provide a copy of the motor insurance schedule/v5 for your new vehicle. You can book an appointment and apply in person at the Brixton Customer Centre. For more information please see this web link: web link. Please note this is an appointment only service.
We provide a discretionary temporary cover to resident permit holders when their usual vehicle being repaired or serviced and a loan/hire car is being used. You will need to fill out an application form and provide a letter on headed paper either from the garage or hire company giving the dates when the courtesy/hire car will be in your possession.
Costs for this service
Vehicle parking permit costs
The cost of a parking permit depends on the emissions the vehicle produces (CO2 g/km) or the engine size (CC) of your vehicle. See the resident parking permit price list for current prices. Please note our prices will be changing on the 12 June 2017 and can be viewed here
Motorbike parking permit costs
- three months - £18
- six months - £27
- 12 months - £45
You can pay by cheque, postal order or debit/credit card. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth'.
What you need to know...
Our resident parking permits allow you to park in resident bays and resident shared use bays in the CPZ in which you live and have the following rules and guidance:
- each permit is vehicle specific and cannot be used on any other vehicle
- permits are restricted to one permit per vehicle
- resident permit holders may park free of charge for the first and last hour of the controlled hours in a pay and display bay. Please note that this offer only extends to pay and display bays within the CPZ for which a permit is held. At all other times a pay and display ticket must be displayed
- in most cases there is no limit to the number of permits that can be issued to a household. However there is a limit on certain new multiple occupancy premises. You should check if this applies to you when you apply for a permit.
Once you have applied for a permit, it will be sent to you within 10 working days.
If you experience any difficulties applying for a parking permit please get in touch with us using the Contact the Parking Team webform.