Our fees and charges for this service changed on 20 April 2018. Please ensure you read the information provided below before applying for a suspension. You can only request to suspend parking bays within a controlled parking zone.
Do it online
Costs for this service
New charges as of 20 April 2018
|Suspension fees and charges||Standard (10+ days notice)||Short notice (6 to 9 working days notice)|
|Additional (priority) fee||n/a||£50|
|Admin fee to extend a suspension||£71.68||£71.68|
|Long duration suspension surcharge (9+ days)||*£5.12||*£5.12|
*These fees are charged per bay per day
- A half day suspension is from midnight to midday
- A full day suspension is from midnight to midnight
- A £71.68 administration fee applies to all applications
- For each day a suspension is in place for 9 days or longer a suspension surcharge will be payable at £5.12 per space (totalling £46.08 per space per day)
- Any break in the suspension will be treated as a new suspension request and a new administration fee will be payable
- Please note that if you require an extension to your suspension the administration fee will be payable
- For early terminations, a refund may be arranged for the remaining days after the date we're notified. The administration fee is not refundable
- If you require a suspension at short notice (between six to nine working days), there will be an additional administration charge of £50 to prioritise your application.
Please note that short notice suspensions can't be guaranteed and are subject to availability.
You can pay by:
- credit or debit card
- postal order.
- cheques and postal orders should be made payable to the ‘London Borough of Lambeth’
- your suspension request will only be processed once your cheque or postal order has been received
- we don't accept payment by American Express
- a member of our support team will contact you between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, by telephone to arrange payment by credit or debit card.
What you need to know...
You must submit your application for a suspension in writing using the above online form.
Parking bays can only be suspended within Controlled Parking Zones. If you require a suspension on multiple roads, you will need to submit each road as a separate application.
If you can't provide 10 working days notice for a suspension, the short notice administration charge of £50 will be applied.
These additional charges enable us to fast track you application and ensure appropriate support is provided by our contractor to deal with these short notice requests. The contractor will erect signs to warn and notify citizens a bay has been suspended at short notice.
Short notice suspensions can't be guaranteed and are subject to availability.
If you need to extend your suspension, you will need to complete the above online form. There will be an additional administration fee of £71.68.
If you cancel your suspension you won't be refunded the administration fee, or the short notice administration charge (if applicable).
You can't grant permission to park. Vehicles parked in the suspended bay which are not included on this application are liable to receive a Penalty Charge Notice and may be removed.
We can't guarantee that the area will be kept clear for your use. However, should an unauthorised vehicle(s) be parked in the suspended space(s), you can report this online directly to our parking enforcement contractor, or during working hours you can call us on 020 7926 9000.
We may use the personal information you give in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.