Do it online (external site)
If you find the page is not responding during the application please try a different internet browser.
If you experience any technical difficulties, please get in touch with us using the contact the parking team webform.
Council estate parking permits and vouchers can be purchased from your local housing office.
Who can use this service
You can apply for a permit if you are a resident within one of Lambeth's controlled parking zones. To be a resident you must spend a minimum of four nights a week at the property.
You can apply for a first time permit and renewal online. Customer renewals can be done up to a month in advance of expiry date.
This application is for on-street permits only. Find out how to buy parking permits for council estate permits.
To apply online
You will need the following:
- a valid email account
- debit or credit card to make payment
- scanner, camera or camera phone
- a printer
When applying online we carry out a verification check of you at your property address, if successful you will not need to supply any further evidence.
If we have been unable to verify your details automatically, you will be required to upload additional evidence. All evidence must be supplied within 30 days of submitting your application, otherwise your permit will be cancelled with no refund due to you. Evidence must be in the applicants name and must state the Lambeth address for which the permit is being applied for. Whilst additional checks are taking place, you can park your vehicle. If the correct evidence is not supplied within 30 days, your application will be cancelled with no refund given.
If you send any documents in relation to your permit application by post, please ensure you send us photocopies, as we will not be held accountable for any documents that may get lost in the post.
Please provide the following documents ensuring they are in the applicants name and registered at applicants Lambeth address
- vehicle registration document (V5/C) OR valid insurance schedule
If you are hiring or leasing the vehicle
- signed hiring/leasing agreement
- must be on letter headed paper
- must include the duration of hire/lease
If you drive a company car you will need to provide
- the vehicle registration document (V5)
- signed letter from your company confirming your employment and that you are the keeper and user of the vehicle at the property address in Lambeth (must be dated within the last 3 months)
- must be on letter headed paper
If you are a named driver but not the registered keeper, you will need to provide
- the insurance schedule naming yourself as a driver (this needs to be registered to the Lambeth address)
Also two items from the list below as proof of your Lambeth address:
- driving licence (Lambeth address)
- bank or credit card statement - dated within the last three months
- utility bill - dated within the last three months (mobile phone bills will not be accepted)
- solicitor's completion letter - dated within the last three months
- current Lambeth council tax document
- home contents insurance policy
- signed current formal tenancy agreement
- an electoral canvas form or polling card - dated in the last year
Once you have paid for your permit, you will be able to park your vehicle from the date selected. if you were prompted to upload additional proof to support your application you must do so within 30 days of the permit application. you can continue to park your vehicle while these checks take place. if you do not provide the correct evidence within the approval period your permit will be cancelled without notice.
Change of vehicle
If your permit starts with the prefix LJR or LJV you can now change your permit through your online account. If your permit starts with the prefix LJX you can do this using the change of vehicle webform. When you change your vehicle you should immediately apply for a new permit. Your existing permit is only valid for the vehicle you applied under. If your existing parking permit falls within the same cost band as your new vehicle a straightforward swap can take place once you provide a copy of the motor insurance schedule/v5 for your new vehicle. Please note, the administrative charge of £11 is applicable to change vehicle details.
If your permit starts with the prefix LJR or LJV you can now request a temporary change through your online account. If your permit starts with the prefix LJX, you will need to complete the courtesy vehicle webform and provide a letter on headed paper either from the garage or hire company giving the dates when the courtesy/hire car will be in your possession. We provide a discretionary temporary cover to resident permit holders when their usual vehicle is being repaired or serviced and a loan/hire car is being used.
Costs for this service
Vehicle parking permit costs
The cost of a parking permit depends on the emissions the vehicle produces (CO2 g/km) or the engine size (CC) of your vehicle. See the parking permits fees and charges page for current prices.
Lambeth Council has reviewed its parking permit charges. As part of this review the below charges were approved by Council Cabinet Members on 5 February 2018 and notice was published on 4 May 2018. These charges came into effect on 29 May 2018
Motorbike parking permit costs
- three months - £19.84
- six months - £29.27
- 12 months - £49.13
You can pay by cheque, postal order or debit/credit card. Cheques and postal orders should be made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth'.
What you need to know...
Our resident parking permits allow you to park in resident bays and resident shared use bays in the CPZ in which you live and have the following rules and guidance:
- each permit is vehicle specific and cannot be used on any other vehicle
- permits are restricted to one permit per vehicle
- resident permit holders may park free of charge for the first and last hour of the controlled hours in a pay and display bay. Please note that this offer only extends to pay and display bays within the CPZ for which a permit is held. At all other times a pay and display ticket must be displayed
- in most cases there is no limit to the number of permits that can be issued to a household. However there is a limit on certain new multiple occupancy premises. You should check if this applies to you when you apply for a permit
All residents permits are now e-permits, you will receive a confirmation email after applying.
If you experience any difficulties applying for a parking permit please get in touch with us using the Contact the Parking Team webform.
If your permit starts LJX see terms and conditions for using Lambeth parking permits
If your permit starts LJR see terms and conditions for using Lambeth parking permits