How to change, cancel or replace parking permits.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
- 1. Permit types
- 2. Visitor Scratch Cards
- 3. Permit refunds (cancelling a permit)
- 4. Changing a vehicle
- 5. Excluded and permit free properties (Section 106)
- 6. Parking on council housing estates
- 7. Electronic Parking Permits (e-permits)
1. Permit types
We sell parking permits for:
- residents (vehicles and motorcycles) - for people who live in Lambeth Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs)
- businesses - for businesses based in Lambeth
- doctors - for doctors based at a surgery in Lambeth
- teachers - for teachers who work in a school in Lambeth
- traders - day scratch-card vouchers for tradespeople undertaking work
- blue Badge scheme and Lambeth disabled parking permit (white badge)
- visitors - scratchcard vouchers for residents who have visitors who need to park.
Resident and visitor parking permits can't be used to park in council estates. You'll need to apply to Lambeth Housing for council estate parking permits.
2. Visitor Scratch Cards
We realise that some of our scratch cards are due to expire at the end of 2018. If you are in possession of any of these permits, do not worry. Your permits are still valid and you can continue to use them in 2019 and beyond, providing you do not scratch out the year when you display them.
Please ensure when you do use your vouchers that you only scratch off the Day, Month and Date of your 2018 scratch cards, to ensure your permit is valid for use. Failure to do so may result in a Penalty Charge Notice being issued.
Please ensure this information is passed onto any of your visitors when using the vouchers.
3. Permit refunds (cancelling a permit)
If you no longer require your parking permit you may apply for a refund and cancel your permit. The refund amount is calculated on how many full calendar months remain on the permit. An administration fee is payable per permit cancelled.
Please note: No refunds will be given where the amount owing is the same as or less than the administration fee. Refunds will also not be given on replacement permits.
E-permits: - If you no longer require your e-permit, you may apply for a refund. Please visit your online account and select the option (cancel permit.)
Paper permits: If you no longer require your parking permit you may apply for a refund and cancel your permit. The refund will only be calculated from the date we receive your permit.
You must return the permit that you wish to be cancelled, by recorded delivery as we will not be able to provide a refund if your permit is lost in the post.
If you need to return a permit, please send it to: London Borough of Lambeth, Parking Services, PO BOX 734, Winchester, SO23 5DG.
If you want to enquire about a permit you have sent to us, please contact us using our online form
Visitor and trader permit refunds
All visitor and trader’s permits are non-refundable. No refund will be given on these types of permits once purchased.
4. Changing a vehicle
If your new vehicle is in a different price band you will not be able to swap your existing permit over. You will need to apply for a new permit, and return your old permit to get a refund.
If your new vehicle is in the same price band you will be able to update your vehicle details in the following ways:
Online - e-permit holders
- complete our online form with your new vehicle details
- your vehicle details will be verified by our team
- they will contact you to take a payment of £11 (administrative charge to change your permit)
- we will issue you a temporary two week permit while you wait for the new permit
- residents E-permits will go live as soon as we receive the administrative fee and new vehicle details
Postal - paper permit holders
- complete our online form with your new vehicle details
- return your current permit to us in the post, via recorded mail - London Borough of Lambeth, Parking Services, PO BOX 734, Winchester, SO23 5DG
- please keep a copy of your permit and your recorded delivery reference for your records
- include a copy of your V5C and insurance schedule which is registered at your Lambeth permit address
- send us a cheque payment of £11 (administrative charge to change your permit)
- return your current permit to us at Brixton customer centre
- bring along a copy of your V5C and insurance schedule which is registered at your Lambeth permit address
- make payment by credit or debit card for £11 (administrative charge to change your permit)
- you will receive your updated permit with your new vehicle details over the counter
Note: your new permit will have the same expiry date as your current permit. You will be able to apply for the full range of permit durations once this permit has expired.
If your new vehicle is in a different price band then you will need to pay for a new permit and return the old one to get a refund.
If you need a replacement of your parking permit, due to it being lost, stolen or damaged you will need to apply online via your online account or in person at a Customer Service Centre. A replacement fee of £11 is chargeable. Once payment has been received, a new permit will automatically be sent out to you if the application is made online.
5. Excluded and permit free properties (Section 106)
Some addresses in Lambeth are not allowed or are limited to a certain number of permits. This is due to planning restrictions on the property. The properties usually affected are “new-build” buildings or buildings which have been renovated or refurbished and are subject to planning permission.
The affected properties will be on the section 106 list. The owner of the property or landlord will be informed of these restrictions and has an obligation to inform you about this permit restriction.
If you apply for a permit at an address which falls under section 106 you will be in violation of our terms and conditions. Your permit may be revoked and you could possibly face prosecution.
6. Parking on council housing estates
Parking on council housing estates is managed by Lambeth Housing.
Applications for estate parking permits are not currently processed online and you will need to visit the north area housing office in Kennington or the customer service centre at Olive Morris House, Brixton to buy a permit.
Find out more about parking permits for council housing estates.
7. Electronic Parking Permits (e-permits)
E-permits are currently issued for Residents Permits only.
An e-permit is an electronic version of a paper permit. An e-permit allows the permit holder to park their vehicle in their designated Controlled Parking Zone without the need to display a physical permit on the windscreen.
For further information regarding e-permits please view our Electronic parking permits guide