Do it online
Who can use this service
We classify a vehicle as being abandoned if it meets all or some of the following criteria .
- if the Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) is out of date by 2 months
- the windows have been broken
- it's clearly not being used, for example, it has dirty windows or rubbish inside, there is a build-up of rubbish around the wheels
- it's obviously a danger to the public
- If the vehicle is in a condition that can lead to anti-social behaviour ie. unlocked
What you need to know...
We need to know the:
- vehicle colour, make and preferably model
- exact location.
If you wish to report an abandoned car on your estate, please contact your housing office.
We will undertake an inspection of any reported vehicles. If from the inspection we consider the vehicle to be abandoned we will undertake additional checks with the Police and the Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) . Once these checks have cleared the vehicle will be marked for removal. It can take up to 6 weeks for a vehicle to be deemed as abandoned and removed.