Before completing the application form, please read the Street or building naming or numbering guidance notes.
Download and complete
Who can use this service
You must contact us if you need to do any of the following:
- name new streets and pathways (parks are excluded)
- name new buildings (licensed premises and theatres are excluded)
- rename existing streets and buildings
- decide on numbering and renumbering of buildings
- register a new flat or property with Royal Mail.
Costs for this service
There is no charge for this service.
What you need to know...
Under most circumstances, you will need to submit a plan showing the external entrance to each affected property. If you have any questions about this or any other aspect of the application process please contact us:
2nd floor, Olive Morris House
18 Brixton Hill
London SW2 1RL
Telephone: 020 7926 2283
Please note that some applications, particularly those involving street or building names, can take a significant amount of time to process. You are advised to submit your application as soon as building work starts.