We have been working closely with partners in central government, the NHS, the Local Government Association, the Metropolitan Police, Greater London Authority and other public bodies to minimise any potential detrimental effect of Brexit on residents and businesses in Lambeth, particularly in the event of the UK leaving the EU without a deal.
The following links offer further information about our contingency planning and how any risks can be mitigated.
Sign up for updates from us on matters relating to Brexit and various other topics.
- Business continuity in Lambeth
- Citizens Advice: Staying in the UK after Brexit
- Government advice: for businesses and individual citizens
- Mayor of London's EU Londoners Hub
Are you an EU citizen living in the UK?
Here in Lambeth we have a long and proud history of welcoming people from all over the world to live and work in our borough. We have a culture of openness and tolerance, and we value our residents who have come to live here from the EU.
We want you to stay here after Brexit.
If you’re an EU citizen, you and your family can now apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to continue living, working and studying in the UK after any Brexit transition period.
There is no fee for the EU Settlement Scheme, which will allow you and your family to continue to be eligible for:
- public services, such as healthcare and schools
- public funds and pensions
- British citizenship, if you meet the requirements and want to apply
For more information and how to apply visit gov.uk/eusettledstatus You may be able to stay in the UK without applying – for example, if you’re an Irish citizen or have indefinite leave to remain.
- Citizens’ rights: EU citizens in the UK and UK nationals in the EU
- Citizens’ rights: UK and Irish nationals in the Common Travel Area
- EU settlement scheme: community leaders toolkit
- EU settlement scheme: employers toolkit
- Immigration policy
- UK Settled Status scheme
- Workplace rights
- Voting and candidacy rules
If you feel that you have been a victim of hate crime or prejudice, the following organisations can help:
- True Vision
- Stop Hate UK
- Victim Support
- Community Security Trust
- TELL MAMA
- Action Against Hate