Business rates do not cover the cost of waste collection from business premises.
Do it by phone
Who can use this service
All businesses in Lambeth can use this service.
We want to make sure that you have the best possible waste and recycling services available.
Services which are reliable, fairly priced and keep our streets clean, tidy and welcoming to all residents and visitors.
To deliver these services we work closely with our waste collection specialist, Veolia, to provide a range of flexible services that can be designed to meet your needs.
- ensure you are meeting your statutory requirements
- are easy to use and flexible
- are efficient and reliable as we are based locally
- provide environmental benefits.
Call us to find out the costs for this service.
What you need to know...
Any waste that comes from a business activity is commercial waste.
If you use your home to run your business then any waste produced by it is commercial waste.
It’s your responsibility to dispose of commercial waste properly. Your business needs to arrange its waste and recycling collections with a licensed waste contractor.
Your duty of care lasts from the moment you produce the waste until you give it to a licensed waste business to deal with.
Helpful information on your duty of care can be found on the Right waste, right place website.
You must ensure that:
- all waste from your business is sorted and stored securely until it is collected
- anyone collecting waste from your business is licensed to carry waste
- you keep evidence and records proving that a licensed waste carrier collected your waste.
Failure to comply can result in a fine or court appearance.
You can save money by keeping waste to a minimum by doing everything you reasonably can to prevent, reuse, recycle or recover waste.