Christmas trees can be put out for collection from 2 January 2019. Please note, this only applies to real Christmas trees.
Where can I present my real Christmas tree for collection?
- If you're a resident in a flat on a Lambeth Housing estate, please leave your tree next to the bin area or in the bulk collection area. For residents in other flats, please check with your managing agent.
- If you're a resident in a kerbside property that receives food waste collections, please leave your tree next to your refuse and recycling containers on your collection day. Not every tree will be able to be taken on your first collection. Please continue presenting your tree next to your bins on collection day throughout January if it's not collected on the first pass.
Not sure of your collection day? Look up your rubbish and recycling collection day
Please do not leave Christmas trees in pots and remember to remove any decorations as these cannot be recycled.
Christmas trees can also be taken to one of our sites between 2 and 14 January 2019.
- Streatham Common, rear of Upper Common car park near The Rookery Cafe, SW16
- Clapham Common, access gate area on Windmill Drive, SW4
- Archbishop's Park, grey metal gated area off Carlisle Lane, SE1
- Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre, Vale Street, SE27 (closed Tuesday and Wednesday) - will accept Christmas trees until 31 January 2019
What happens to the collected Christmas trees?
All Christmas trees collected will be taken to a large composting facility. The finished product is used to improve farmland around London, reducing the need for artificial fertiliser.