Do it online
Who can use this service
Most Lambeth residents, including private home owners, private renters.
Lambeth Housing tenants and leaseholders
If you live in a council managed street property you can use the bulky waste service.
If you live on a Lambeth Housing estate you will need to arrange your collection through your estate management office.
Costs for this service
There is a charge for using Lambeth's bulky waste service:
- £21.50 each time you use the service for up to four separate items or four bags
- an additional £6.50 for each extra item collected.
Many bulky items can be disposed of for free at your nearest Reuse and recycling centre.
What you need to know...
If your item is suitable for reuse, you can arrange a collection through the Emmaus.
You can also take bulky waste to one of our Reuse and Recycling Centres.
We will collect...
- white goods and large electrical items - fridges, freezers, washing machines etc.
- bed frames
- small electrical items
All white goods, metal items and televisions that we collect will be recycled.
We don't collect...
We will advise you of your collection date when you book.
Prepare your items for collection:
- Securely tie together any loose items, such as wood, or put loose items in a heavy duty bag (each bag/bundle must weigh no more than 14 kilograms).
- Seal fridges and freezers shut so that children cannot get inside.
Please only present the items that you requested at the time you booked your collection. Any other items will not be collected.
Place your items for collection:
Please make sure you put all items out after 8pm the night before and before 6am on the day of collection.
Items that haven't been listed and paid for won't be taken. Collection can take place at any time during the day up until 6pm. If a collection isn't made on the day that it was booked please report a missed collection.
- Kerbside properties: if you have a garden please place your items inside your garden as close as possible to the boundary with the pavement and the entrance to the garden. If you do not have a garden then please place your items on the pavement to the front of your property without causing an obstruction.
- Estates: place your items where your refuse is usually collected from. Please make sure that they do not block the shared bins as this may delay the collection of your general rubbish.