We provide a weekly collection of rubbish for all kerbside properties and estates in Lambeth.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
- 1. Rubbish collections from kerbside properties
- 2. Rubbish collections from estate properties
- 3. Rubbish collections from flats above shops
- 4. What do I do with large items that won't fit into my bin?
- 5. I live in a kerbside property but I don't have a wheelie bin
- 6. I can't fit all of my rubbish into my black wheelie bin
- 7. I cannot move my bin to the pavement for collection
1. Rubbish collections from kerbside properties
If you live in a kerbside property, you will have been given a wheelie bin. You should bag your waste and place it into the bin ready for collection. You must ensure that your bin is placed onto the pavement by 6am on your collection day. Please return your bin to your property as soon after collection as possible but no later than 8am the following day.
All waste must be contained inside your bin and the lid must be closed. We are not able to collect rubbish left at the side or on top of the bin.
2. Rubbish collections from estate properties
If you live on an estate your rubbish will be collected from a shared bulk bin. Please bag your waste and make sure it is placed inside the bin. Please do not leave waste on the floor around the bins.
3. Rubbish collections from flats above shops
If you do not have access to a wheeled bin, please bag your rubbish in bin bags, tied securely, and present them next to an item of street furniture such as a litter bin or lamp post on your collection day. Please do not bag your rubbish in carrier bags that can't be tied.
If you have access to a wheeled bin, you should bag your waste and place it into the bin ready for collection.
You should present your rubbish before 6am on your collection day. The exception to this are homes in a timed collection area.
Please make sure your rubbish does not obstruct the footpath and that it is not put out before 8pm on the night before your collection.
4. What do I do with large items that won't fit into my bin?
If you have large items that need collecting please see our bulky waste collection pages. Alternatively, please contact your landlord, managing agent or a private company to arrange disposal.
You can also take your items to one of our Reuse and Recycling Centres at Vale Street, SE27 9PA and Smugglers Way, SW18 1JS.
Items in good working condition can be donated to local charities like Emmaus, many of whom have home collection options. To book your collection call Emmaus Lambeth 020 8761 4276 or visit Emmaus South Lambeth
5. I live in a kerbside property but I don't have a wheelie bin
If you live in a single household you should have a 140 litre slimline bin. If you live in a flat or a large house converted into flats you should have a bin to share with your neighbours. If you are unsure, please call us on 020 7926 9000.
6. I can't fit all of my rubbish into my black wheelie bin
You can now recycle 85 per cent of your household rubbish, so your bin should be sufficient for your needs. Please make sure that you are recycling everything you can and using the food waste collection service.
If there are six or more permanent residents in your household or you produce healthcare waste, you may be entitled to a bigger bin.
7. I cannot move my bin to the pavement for collection
If you are physically unable to move your bin and do not have anyone who can help you, we can arrange an assisted collected. Please contact us on 020 7926 9000. You may be asked to provide proof.
Addresses are reviewed regularly and if it is found you are no longer eligible for assisted collections you will be expected to present your bins on collection day.