Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) is the Head of Information Governance.
Contact the Data Protection Officer.
Information we collect
- Name and contact details
- Visual images, personal appearance and behaviour
- Date of Birth
- Household details, lifestyle and social circumstances
- Employment and educational details
- Students records and financial details
- to enable us to monitor our performance against our equality and diversity objectives
- to ensure we are targeting our service to meet priority groups
- to meet our legal and statutory duties and responsibilities
- to process enrolments
- to support your learning
- to carry out administration
- to support your application for government funding
- for general statistics and research
- for own internal records so that individuals can be provided with a high quality service
- to contact learners in response to a specific enquiry
- to customise services so they work better for you
- to detect/prevent crime/fraud
Our legal bases for using personal data are under contract to provide (adult) education and to comply with our applicable legal obligations
- Third Party that LALS contract to obtain education and employment related outcomes
- FE College & community training providers
How long we keep your personal information
Non-accredited provision (formerly Community Learning (CL)
Documentation must be kept for 6 years after the end of the financial year in which the academic year concluded
Accredited provision (formerly Adult Skills Budget (ASB)
2007-2012: Until 31st December 2022
2014-2020: Until 31st December 2030
You have the right to access, rectify and delete personal information, in addition to other rights as explained in the full version of our privacy notice.
You have the right to contact us with a complaint if you’re unhappy with the way your personal data has been used.
We are committed to resolving complaints about our collection or use of personal information.
Such control will include the ability to see what information we hold and to opt out of any use of your personal information and to prevent disclosure to any third party except as required by law or the order of a court of proper jurisdiction.