This guide outlines the application process for early years and primary newly qualified teacher (NQT) positions in Lambeth.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
- 1. Applying for positions starting after the Easter holiday (term 5) of the 2015-2016 academic year
- 2. Applying for positions starting at the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year (September 2016)
- 3. Pool interviews - an explanation
- 4. Successful Pool interviews
- 5. Other ways to find a position in Lambeth
1. Applying for positions starting after the Easter holiday (term 5) of the 2015-2016 academic year
We are currently accepting applications for positions starting in term 5 - you can apply until 31 March 2016.
If we accept your application, we will add it to our Easter Pool, and send it to schools with suitable vacancies - schools will carry out shortlisting, interviewing and appointment themselves.
It is your responsibility to contact the council, should you need your Easter application carried over to the September 2016 recruitment process.
2. Applying for positions starting at the beginning of the 2016-2017 academic year (September 2016)
We are currently accepting applications for positions starting in September 2016 - you can apply until 31 March 2016.
If we accept your application, we will offer you a Pool interview - these will be held during March 2016 and April 2016.
3. Pool interviews - an explanation
A Pool interview will be before a panel of two teachers, Lambeth education specialists or Human Resources officers.
The panel will assess whether they feel you have the skills and abilities that a Lambeth teacher should possess.
4. Successful Pool interviews
If your Pool interview is successful, you will be appointed to the Pool, and asked to tell us more about your ideal position.
You can tell us anything that might be important to you, for example:
- school type (community or church)
- school size
- your preferred year groups
- school location
Schools will then approach the council asking for applications for their position - based on the applications, interviews and post-interview requirements of all Pool members, we will send the school the best-matching six applications for their position - they will then meet with these individuals, and make their decision from there.
If the process is not successful, we will continue to consider you for positions as they arise.
Please tell us if you secure a position.
5. Other ways to find a position in Lambeth
As well as using the Primary Database/Pool, some schools also advertise vacant posts which are suitable for NQTs.
Advertisements usually appear in the Times Educational Supplement and on the TES website. If you are interested in an advertised vacancy, you should apply directly to the school.