A minimum of 80% of the members of a schools forum must be 'schools members' (either head teacher representatives or governors) while the remaining 20% of members can be 'non-schools members' nominated by a local authority. Non-school 'relevant bodies' who have a legitimate interest in local school and other pupil provision funding processes.
What the Schools forum does
Lambeth Schools Forum, helps to maintain, develop and review Lambeth's Scheme of Devolved Funding, as well as the Lambeth Schools Fair Funding Formula.
The Schools Forum is consulted over arrangements for the following:
- changes to the School Fair Funding Formula and their financial implications
- the terms of any proposed contract for supplies and services that is expected to be over the threshold of £50,000
- the arrangements for the education of pupils with special educational needs
- arrangements for the use of pupil referral units and the education of children otherwise than at school
- arrangements for early years education
- arrangements for insurance
- revision to the scheme for the financing of schools
- administrative arrangements for the allocation of central government grants paid to schools via the authority arrangements for free school meals.
The Schools Forum meets about four times a year in time for its views to be taken into account in deciding how the schools budget for the following financial year should be used.
Dates for the 2018-19 financial year
- 10th Jan 2018
- 6th Mar 2018
- June 2018
- Oct 2018
- Dec 2018
The most recent versions of Lambeth School Forum documents:
Schools Forum meetings are open to the members of the public who can observe.
Schools Forum meetings are held at nominated schools - for information regarding meeting venue please contact email@example.com.
If you have any specific needs to help you attend, contact Lambeth Schools Finance at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24 hours before the meeting.
- School Forum Papers 6 Mar 2018
- School Forum Papers 10 Jan 2018
- School Forum Minutes 27 Sept 2017
- School Forum Papers 27 Sept 2017
- School Forum Papers 6 July 2017
- School Forum Papers 18 Jan 2017
- School Forum Papers 15 Nov 2016
- School Forum Papers 27 Sept 2016
- School Forum Papers 15 March 2016
- School Forum Papers 12 Jan 2016
- School Forum Papers 29 Sept 2015
- School Forum Minutes 29 Sept 2015
- School Forum Papers 19 May 2015
- School Forum Minutes 19 May 2015
- School Forum Minutes 14 Jan 2015
- School Forum Papers 14 Jan 2015
For older meeting minutes and papers contact email@example.com.