How to apply for in-year admission to a Lambeth secondary school

Your application will be considered as In-Year if:

  • you are applying for a place in years 8 to 11 at a secondary school.
  • you are applying for a year 7 place at a secondary school after school has started in September.

If your child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education Health Care Plan (EHCP) the application form via this page will not be valid. For more information about applying for a school place for a child with a Statement or EHCP, you must contact the Special Education Needs and Disabilities Team in your home borough. For Lambeth residents, please see the relevant section of the Lambeth SEND Local Offer website or contact the Lambeth Special Education Needs and Disabilities Team on 020 7926 9460.

Please read the Lambeth Secondary School In-Year Admissions 2017/18 booklet before applying.

To apply for Lambeth community schools, regardless of what borough the child lives in, you must use the Common Application Form below.

For Lambeth non-community schools (ie academies, voluntary-aided schools, free schools and foundation schools) In-Year applications need to be made to the school/academy directly using their own form. It is not possible to complete an application online.

If you wish to apply for a current Year 10 or 11 place at a University Technology College (UTC) or a Studio School, applications are to be made directly to the provision. For more details on London UTCs and Studio Colleges please view our 14-19 transfer 2018-19 guide 2018

Download and complete

What you need to know...

You must ensure that applications are completed in full and have all the required documentation attached regarding proof of address for you and your child, and proof of your child's date of birth. Failure to do so may mean that your child's application is withdrawn.

If you are applying for a secondary school outside of Lambeth you will need to contact the Local Authority the school is in and ask them how to apply for an In-Year place at the school in question.

Next Steps

Proof of address

You must attach on to the Common Application Form the correct proof of address documents and proof of your child's date of birth otherwise your child’s application will be withdrawn and no offer made at a school. Please refer to the required documents list to ensure you provide what is needed. Please do not send original address or date of birth documents as they may not be able to be returned.

Submit your form

Submit your completed Lambeth In-Year Common Application Form to the Lambeth School Admissions Team with the required proof of address, and proof of date of birth documents:

  • hand it in via appointment at Brixton Customer Service Centre, Civic Centre. Appointments will be required for staff to check items handed in and will last approximately 10 minutes. Most appointments will be available for the same day or the following day.

  • or post it using correct postage (and preferably signed for or recorded delivery) to:

Lambeth School Admissions Team
London Borough of Lambeth
PO Box 734
S023 5DG

Moving house or change of details

If you move address you must tell the School Admissions Team of your new address so we are able to contact you if we need more information or to tell you the result of your application. To inform the Team of the new address please complete the Lambeth School Admissions change of address form. Also you will need to provide new proof of address documentation for you and your child.

You also need to put in writing to us any change of medical circumstances or details of a sibling that has started at a preferred school.

More information

If you need more advice on making an application, contact:

Lambeth School Admissions Team
Telephone: 020 7926 9503