Following our consultation on our new travel assistance policy, we're collating feedback and our new policy will be published on the website by April 2020.
Do it online
Who can use this service
What you need to know...
Travel assistance can include:
- accessing the independent travel training scheme where young people learn to travel independently
- help paying for an oyster card or travel card
- a bus pass for a parent, carer or responsible adult to go with the child between home and school
- help with petrol costs for parents or carers who can transport a child to school
- help paying for transport, for parents or carers who can arrange transport themselves
- help using an existing school bus route
- pick up and drop-off in a car or minibus, wheelchair-accessible if needed
- in exceptional circumstances, a licensed taxi with an assistant if needed.
If you have any questions about the home to school transport scheme email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 6839.