Children or young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) may be entitled to help travelling between home and school.
Please complete and submit the form below.
Do it online
Who can use this service
What you need to know...
Travel assistance can include:
- accessing the independent travel training scheme where young people learn to travel independently
- help paying for an oyster card or travel card
- a bus pass for a parent, carer or responsible adult to go with the child between home and school
- help with petrol costs for parents or carers who can transport a child to school
- help paying for transport, for parents or carers who can arrange transport themselves
- help using an existing school bus route
- pick up and drop-off in a car or minibus, wheelchair-accessible if needed
- in exceptional circumstances, a licensed taxi with an assistant if needed.
If you have any questions about the home to school transport scheme email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7926 6839.