Children or young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) may be entitled to help travelling between home and school.
local offer logo Please complete and submit the form below.

Following our consultation on our new travel assistance policy, we're collating feedback and our new policy will be published on the website by April 2020.

Do it online

Who can use this service

This service is for children and young people with an education, health and care plan.

For more information about whether a child or young person is eligible for help with transport to school, read our travel support policy or email us at

What you need to know...

Travel assistance can include:

  • accessing the independent travel training scheme where young people learn to travel independently
  • help paying for an oyster card or travel card
  • a bus pass for a parent, carer or responsible adult to go with the child between home and school
  • help with petrol costs for parents or carers who can transport a child to school
  • help paying for transport, for parents or carers who can arrange transport themselves
  • help using an existing school bus route
  • pick up and drop-off in a car or minibus, wheelchair-accessible if needed
  • in exceptional circumstances, a licensed taxi with an assistant if needed.

If you have any questions about the home to school transport scheme email us at or call 020 7926 6839.