Lambeth sensory support service provides specialist knowledge to support the education of children & young people and their families who have a hearing, visual or multi-sensory impairment from 0 to 25 years of age.
We work with:
- Children and young people age 0 -25 years
- Parents and carers
- Teachers and support staff
- Professionals in education, health & social care.
- voluntary organisations
Our support includes:
- Home support for preschool children and families.
- Advice and information on the child or young person’s sensory impairment and its implications.
- Advice and points for consideration in choosing appropriate educational placements.
- Support for the child’s or young person’s transition to playgroups, early years settings, schools and post 16 settings.
- home/school liaison
- Classroom, curriculum and access support.
- Assessment and monitoring.
- Liaison with other professionals in health, social care and voluntary organisations
- Advice and information on assistive Technologies.
- Checking and monitoring the use of technology in schools and settings.
- Delivering training.
- A support package for students in further education.
Find more about the: