In Lambeth, paid and volunteer independent supporters are provided by Family Lives a national charity with over 30 years' experience advising and supporting families in the UK.
How can independent supporters help?
Independent supporters can help parents, children and young people during the EHCP assessment and transfer processes by:
- providing information about EHCP and the local referral, assessment and transfer processes.
- supporting parents, children and young people through the EHCP assessment and transfer processes
- working with you if you are new to the EHCP referral process.
- helping parents, children and young people to contribute to their EHCP and have their views heard and made central
- helping you to put together your child’s one page profile
- giving information about the local offer and personal budgets
- acting as a named contact and liaising across agencies during the assessment and transfer processes, as required
- signposting you to the SEND Information, Advice and Support Service when the issue is outside the remit of an independent supporter.
We run monthly drop-in sessions on the second Tuesday of the month at the Mary Sheridan Centre.
Come along and speak to an independent supporter about any questions or concerns you and get advice about EHCPs.
The sessions run from 10am to 12.30pm and will be on the following dates:
- 10 October 2017
- 14 November 2017
- 12 December 2017
- 9 January 2018
- 13 February 2018
- 13 March 2018
Mary Sheridan Centre
Wooden Spoon House
5 Dugard Way
Kennington, SE11 4TH
If you can't make it to one of our drop-in sessions, contact us using the details below to make an appointment with an independent supporter.
To be referred to an independent supporter in Lambeth call us on 020 3131 3150 or email: