You may be able to claim benefits or get financial help.
You can apply for benefits and services depending on your disability.
Benefits and financial support you could claim are:
- Disablility Living Allowance (DLA) for children under 16 and may help with the extra costs of being disabled if you are under 16
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) is replacing DLA if you are aged 16 to 64
- Disability Premiums (Income Support) can be added to your Income Support or Jobseekers Allowance if you are eligible
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) can be claimed if your illness or disability affects your ability to work
- If you have a carer they could get a Carers Allowance if you have substantial caring needs. They may also be able to get Carers Credit.