- universal services which can be accessed directly by parents and carers, but are not funded by us
- targeted services from five providers that we've commissioned - no social care assessment is required to access these services, however access is subject to eligibility criteria and availability of spaces
- specialist services offered by the Children with Disabilities (CWD) service following a social care assessment.
We are currently in the process of tendering for new short breaks contracts, which will start from June 2020. Further details of new short breaks services will be published on the Local Offer once the new contracts are awarded.
Accessing targeted short breaks in Lambeth
The minimum requirement to access targeted short breaks in Lambeth is for the child or young person to:
- live in Lambeth
- be between the ages of 5 years and 19 years old (3 years and 19 years old for the targeted short breaks sports sessions)
- have a diagnosis of (at least) 2 moderate or 1 profound disabilities.
Supporting evidence of the disability may be required.
For most families meeting the criteria, access to targeted short breaks support in Lambeth will be available without a social work assessment from the specialist CWD service.
In some circumstances however, you may be required to undertake a social work assessment. This will depend on individual family circumstances, and will depend on the level of need.
Referrals for targeted short breaks, or requests for information can be submitted by contacting our short breaks coordinator:
- email: email@example.com
- call: 020 7926 1513.
Please provide the following information when contacting us to refer a child or young person for short breaks:
- child or young person’s name
- date of birth
- disability (including level – low, moderate, high, severe).
You may also be asked to complete a short referral form in order to provide further information to support the referral.
Through the information provided, and a short discussion with our short breaks coordinator, a decision will be made about if we can offer you a short break, and with which provider or activity.
Availability of targeted short breaks
We have commissioned a number of spaces for the services from seven providers in the borough.
To ensure that as many families as possible can access short breaks in Lambeth, requests to access more than one of the providers below may be limited, subject to availability.
For families who already receive a care package from the CWD Service, which may include one of the short breaks provisions, additional requests for short breaks will be subject to availability.
The aim is to give as many families as possible access to the short breaks offer in Lambeth.
Universal short breaks from our providers
Families can also access additional short breaks through universal services - including our providers - separate to targeted short breaks if they wish.
All our providers offer a range of activities that may not be available via the targeted short breaks. A list of all providers in Lambeth can be accessed in the Local Offer directory.
Please contact providers directly for details of all universal services they offer.
|Lambeth Short Breaks Statement||162.32 KB|