Read the summary report of the workshop held in July 2017 designed to engage with stakeholders on some of the wider determinants of health. A wide range of stakeholders had the opportunity to discuss with representatives from different departments in the council on the contribution of wider determinants to the health and wellbeing of people in Lambeth.
Purpose of the Event
The event was held to:
- engage a wide range of stakeholders in discussion about how we can collaboratively work towards the outcomes set out in the Lambeth Health and Wellbeing Strategy
- promote the contribution of the wider determinants of health to the health and wellbeing of people in Lambeth
- understand the existing ways in which the community, residents, the voluntary sector, the council, the CCG and other partners already contribute to making the borough healthier
- look for ideas for further action that can be taken by the council, residents, stakeholders and partners.
The attendees on the day included local councillors, public health consultatants and representatives from:
- a wide representation of commissioners (healthy lifestyles, housing, children’s, older people, substance misuse)
- community sports groups
- Community Connectors
- Guys and St Thomas (GSTT)
- Health Foundry
- Kings College Hospital (KCH)
- Lambeth Clinic Commissioning Group (CCG)
- Lambeth Patient Participation Group Network (LPPNG)
- The Metropolitan Police
- VSC Steering group and organisations.