School, college, training, work. We're on top of the lot.
Fire it up
Apprentices Tafadzwa, Kacy, Katie and Lilly worked with P Money, Jamal Edwards and Teddy Music launching 'The Calling'. Find out how and find out more
Training for work
Production Assistant Apprentice
Light Projects, in Bermondsey, need a hard-working and proactive person to be their new Production Assistant. You’ll earn £15,000 per year and in 18 months you’ll have a Level 3 Business administrator qualification. You need 5 GCSEs at C/4 plus, including English and Maths. Find out more
Teaching Assistant Apprentice
Croydon College are working with St. Nicholas School, Croydon to offer this training post. You’ll work with teaching staff to support learners in the classroom. You’ll earn £160.00 per week and complete a Level 2 Certificate in Support Teaching and Learning in Schools qualification. You need GCSE C/4 or Functional Skills Level 2 in English and Maths. Find out more
Cyber Safe Lambeth
Cyber Safe Lambeth gives you a route into a career in cybersecurity. It’s a 4 day online training course running 13 to 16 July. You need to be over 18 and claiming benefits or Universal Credit. Register via Eventbrite or emailLambeth Made for a registration form.
Apprentice Sales Support Coordinator
Training to providing support to a successful sales team. You need energy, enthusiasm, willingness to learn, ability to take feedback and to be ready to take action, with Maths and English GCSE C/4 and above. Training starts end July and lasts for 13 months. LDN Apprenticeships is where you go to find out more
Event Management and Digital Marketing
Want to learn how to organise events and use social media to promote them? Want to learn from industry experts;how to write copy and use industry software? This course is for Lambeth residents aged 19 plus. Two students will get a paid placement and all benefit from the Iconic Steps alumni network and find out about job opportunities from partners like Disney, ITV and more, a get an industry mentor plus life skills support. Email Sa-Ra email@example.com or call her on 07960 896910 to apply.
Digital and innovation apprenticeships
NatWest Group wants 16 to 24-year-olds who want to develop digital and customer service skills into a great career. Find out more and apply. Successful candidates will go on a 3-week virtual Innovation Bootcamp during July or August.
Police Constable Degree Apprenticeship
This 3 year apprenticeship programme leads to a degree in Professional Policing Practice. You get paid £23,330 per year and don't pay tuition fees. You need to be 18, have GCSE or Level 2 functional skills Maths and English, plus one A Level Grade A*-C or an equivalent Level 3 qualification. Find out more and apply.
Recruitment extended to 13 July
Unlock your potential. Places left on three digitally delivered courses starting in July.
- Performance & Events Management For A Digital Age - learn to create, promote, organise and pull off an awesome music and arts event.
- Produce Your Own Music Video - create and edit professional video content on your smartphone to blow away the competition.
- Drillosophy - Drill meets deep thinking. Expand your mind through the eyes and ears of Drill music.
Running in September: Wowsers: Being Together Apart - creating a ‘zine’ about women who are changing the world!
Go think big!
Go think big is a website that can help you get a foot on the career ladder. They can help get the skills and experience you need to help land your dream first job. Helpful tips, online tools and work placement opportunities. Register onsite and sign up for their weekly opportunity newsletter.
British Latino Network - mentoring programme open
If you're of Latin American origin and want to study biology, BLN would love to enrol you on a free mentoring programme. You can get academic and professional support to help enhance your career and life prospects. If you're interested direct message them via Instagram or email firstname.lastname@example.org⠀⠀
Iconic Steps towards the creative industries
'Resilience, Entrepreneurship and Media', an online course for Lambeth residents aged 19 plus. It's for you if you're an aspiring entrepreneurs wanting to work in the creative industries. Find out more by emailing email@example.com or calling 07960 896910.
We Rise Access All Areas
Get Ready, Get Noticed, Get Ahead. Ten and a half tips for an amazing CV. Plus expert advice from a professional Career Coach. Know what recruiters really want to see! A masterclass for Black & Mixed Heritage young women, aged 16-19. Thursday 9 July, 2pm via Zoom. Book ticket and find out more
Need help finding jobs, apprenticeships, training, volunteering opportunities? Back on Track offer practical advice and guidance if you want help getting back into education, employment or training:
- Defining career goals and ways to achieving them
- CV writing and interview technique support
- Using online employment and training resources
- Access to employability programmes, work placements and trials
Email them on BackOnTrack@lambeth.gov.uk or call them on 020 7926 3381
- The Government has said announced that all learners are expected back at school in September. In secondary schools, whole year groups may be placed in 'bubbles' to avoid too much contact may be an option.
- Schools are likely to be staggering the start and end of school days when schools return in September. This would probably mean different year groups coming at different times. They will also be encouraging learners to walk or cycle to and from school. This is being done to reduce numbers of people on buses and trains at busy times of day.
Exams and grades
A letter to students in Year 11, 12 and 13 about what's happening with grades this summenr. Briefly it says:
- Grades will be decided by teachers telling exam boards what they think and the exam boards comparing that with what other schools are saying about their students.
- Teachers can’t tell you the grades they think you should get.
- You’ll get the results no later than the usual August dates and maybe earlier.
- Ofqual are working with exam boards to set up Autumn exams for those who want to take them.
There’s more here.
- The government has told colleges and training providers to plan for a full programme of study and training for learners of all ages from their normal term start date in September 2020.
- Advice has been given to the providers about issues like keeping buildings clean, having groups of learners in bubbles and when wearing PPE might be necessary.
- The providers have been told they should decide on the best mix of face to face and remote learning. They are also told to make sure anyone having to learn from home has enough support.
Lambeth College news
From Monday 22nd June the College is going to invite a small number of students into the building to complete qualifications by doing assessments, or using resources, if they can't complete online.
The Admissions and Recruitment Team is available by email firstname.lastname@example.org and phone 020 7501 5010 to support current students and anyone who wants to apply to start a course in September.
All new 16 to 18 year old applicants will be offered interviews via Microsoft Teams. Applicants aged 19 and over can take their maths and English assessments online, before a remote interview.
If you're worried about money, maybe you're not getting paid because of the lockdown, this is another good starting place.
The Lambeth Larder helps connect people to emergency food and other support. They have a list of organisations in Lambeth supplying cheap or free food and meals.
Coronavirus and money: An expert financial guide from MyBnk - The Mix have teamed up with MyBnk to answer questions about money, work, housing and more