The Customer Service Centre at The Civic Centre is now open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4.30pm, except on Bank Holidays. It is closed between 12.30pm to 1.30pm.
You might need extra support if:
- English is not your first language
- you have dyslexia, autism or cognitive difficulties
- you have mental health conditions, like depression, stress or anxiety
- you do not have the IT skills to do things that are needed on the internet
- you have no access to technical equipment, the internet or a telephone
- you have sensory disabilities, like a visual, hearing or speech impairment
If you can, please help to protect the face-to-face service for those who most need it and use the links below to find the information you need:
- Travel permits and help with transport
- Adult social care
- Benefits and Council Tax Support
- Children social care
- Council Tax
- Housing advice
- Council tenants and leaseholders - rent enquiries, repairs and estate parking
- Streets, roads and transport
- Schools admissions
For any other enquiry, contact us.
Get face-to-face support
There are 2 types of appointment available:
- If you need an issue resolved, please book a 45-minute session, where you can either use our online services yourself, or be helped by a member of staff.
- If you need to give documents to housing benefits, Council Tax, accessible transport, school admissions or housing, please book a 30 minute session for your documents to be scanned. Staff will scan the documents for you.
Please note: You will not be able to speak directly, face-to-face, with a particular department however, Customer Service Centre Staff will support you through the on-line appointment booking process and are available to give in the moment face-to-face advice.
- All computers, touch screens, desks, keyboards and mice are cleaned before you use them.
- Wipes and hand sanitisers are available to use.
- Please do not book an appointment if you’ve currently tested positive for Covid-19, are self-isolating, or have symptoms but have not yet tested negative for Covid-19.
Booking your session confirms you have read and understood the above.