No recourse to public funds (NRPF)

Get support if you have no recourse to public funds (NRPF).

No recourse to public funds (NRPF) is a condition imposed on someone because of their immigration status.  

You might have no recourse to public funds if you don’t have a residence permit, or if you have one but it has the immigration condition that you have no recourse to public funds.  

No recourse to public funds means you will not be able to claim most benefits paid by central government or get assistance from the housing department with accommodation.

If you live in Lambeth, you may be eligible for support provided through our social services department to help prevent you from becoming homeless or destitute.

Who can apply for support

You are eligible for no recourse to public funds support if you are:

  • a destitute family
  • a single adult with care needs  

An assessment will be carried out to confirm eligibility for support. 

Some people will only receive support if it is necessary to prevent a breach of their human rights, so an additional assessment may be carried out to establish this.

How to apply for support

Any Lambeth resident requesting no recourse to public funds support should contact social services.

If you are:  

NRPF team 

Lambeth Council recognises that support is necessary to prevent our most vulnerable residents from experiencing destitution, and to safeguard children’s welfare.

To ensure scarce resources are used effectively, we have a dedicated NRPF team to manage social services’ accommodation and subsistence provision. 

We work under the guidance for councils issued by the NRPF Network.

Team Manager: Vivian Quansah
Duty number: 020 7926 6528