Report benefit fraud

What to do if you suspect someone is committing benefit fraud

There are two ways to commit benefit fraud:

  • intentionally not reporting a change in your circumstances
  • being dishonest in order to get benefits.

How to report benefit fraud

If you think someone is committing benefit fraud, report it online to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) by:

If you suspect a different type of fraud is being committed, please report it to the council.