- Sports and leisure
Please note this consultation is closed
Purpose / Background
Lambeth Council would like to understand how we can help get more people active through fun classes on small pitches, and what kind of improvements we need to make to the pitches to make them more accessible.
You might know your local small pitch as the Multi Use Games Area (‘the MUGA’) or ‘the Cage’. We are open to all sorts of ideas about improving and redesigning these.
We are particularly interested to hear from people who:
- Want to get active with fun sessions in these pitches.
- Live near one of the prospect pitches.
- Already use one of the prospect pitches
Also if you are any of these:
- On a low income
- Have challenges due to disabilities or ill health,
- Have challenges due to your ethnic or cultural background
The survey asks questions about you and your activity levels and challenges, then ideas about potential improvements to pitches.
This is a focused project around 11 target pitch opportunities on housing estates and small parks.
Below is a list of all our target pitches (from North to South), with links for Google Maps:
- Briant Estate Court, North Lambeth
- Cotton Gardens Estate Court, North Kennington,
- Larkhall Park Pitch
- Loughborough Estate Ball Court, St James Crescent, Loughborough Junction
- Loughborough Park Pitch, Loughborough Junction
- St Mathews Estate, Brixton
- Tulse Hill Estate, Tulse Hill
- Deronda Estate, near Tulse Hill station
- Vale Street, next Community Shop & Recycling Centre, West Dulwich
- Holderness Estate, Crown Point
- Streatham Vale, proposed new pitch
This consultation is part of our evidence collection towards a fundraising partnership with Football Foundation's Playzones programme to redress inequalities in sports. We are very grateful for any evidence you can help provide towards this.
When the consultation ends
The report resulting from this engagement will help to secure funding for improvements and improving to some or all of the pitches and improving activity levels in the local community.
How to respond
Please complete the online survey for your nearest pitch. There is a separate survey link for each pitch:
If you would like to attend one of our local engagement sessions to see where the nearest one is or want to make any other comments, you can email us at: