It's happening! Bearpit Karaoke is coming to London and taking over Vauxhall Gardens this September!
If you've been to Berlin you might already be aware that Joe Hatchiban's Bearpit Karaoke is a weekly fixture in the world-famous Mauerpark, and massively popular with locals and visitors alike.
Now with the help of Vauxhall One and Lambeth Council, he's excited to try it all from scratch again in London, a city rightly renowned for the winning charm and unsurpassable quality of its karaoke singers.
Join him in Vauxhall Pleasure Gardens directly behind the world famous Royal Vauxhall Tavern on Thursday 14th, Friday 15th and Saturday 16th of September and then again from September 28 to 30 to belt out your favourite tunes.
Joe Hatchiban has been happily helping people unleash their inner Rampensau (performer) all over Berlin since 2009. Originally one man's mission to seek attention, his weekly Bearpit sessions are now a landmark on the city's cultural scene.
Here's the Bearpit Karaoke Show in a few simple steps -
- Coax a random stranger into singing karaoke in a park.
- See if a crowd gathers and hangs about to watch.
- If one does, then try to coax somebody from said crowd into singing karaoke too.
- Repeat steps 1-3 until the batteries go dead.
So head to Vauxhall this September and... go on! Sing one!
- Thursday 14 September, 6pm till 9pm
- Friday 15 September, 6pm till 9pm
- Saturday 16 September, 3pm till 7pm
- Friday 29 September, 6pm till 9pm
- Saturday 30 September, 3pm till 7pm
Vauxhall One and Lambeth Council are bringing an exciting calendar of free events to Vauxhall for one and all this autumn and winter. So, if you live, work or are coming to visit make sure you follow #LoveVaux and Tweet us @LoveVaux and keep up to date. Vauxhall; the original London destination for arts, culture, and music.