Do it online (external site)
This action is completed on another site (GOV.UK). Press the button to go to the start of the process.
Who can use this service
You are automatically eligible to apply for a Blue Badge if:
- you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the disability living allowance
- you receive the Personal Independence Payment and have been awarded 8 points or more under the Moving Around descriptor of the Mobility Component
- you receive a war pensioners' mobility supplement
- you have been awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- you use a motor vehicle supplied for disabled people by a government health department
- you are registered blind
- you have a severe disability in both upper limbs, regularly drive a motor vehicle but cannot turn the steering wheel of a motor vehicle by hand even if that wheel is fitted with a turning knob.
Read the accessible transport eligibility statement for more information on eligibility criteria and the application process.
On 30 August 2019, the blue badge scheme has included hidden disabilities as an eligibility criteria. If you are making a claim under this criteria, please ensure you include all medical evidence detailing how your disability affects you or your child on a daily basis.
Please note that all applications submitted under this criteria may take between six to eight weeks.
More information is available on the GOV.UK website.
Costs for this service
The cost of a Blue Badge is £10. This will only be charged to successful applicants so please do not send any money with your application.
We will write to you after your application has been processed about whether you need to pay this fee.
What you need to know...
Blue Badge holders can display their badge and park:
- for up to three hours on yellow lines where there are no loading restrictions, providing the clock card is displayed and set to your time of arrival
- in resident bays, and pay and display bays for an unlimited time
- in bays marked "disabled" for an unlimited time
- free of charge in any parking bay within Lambeth Council operated car parks subject to the time limits that apply to the car park.