How it works
- Apply for the opportunity to create and maintain a parklet.
- Create a basic parklet structure from the Community Parklet Scheme catalogue of items.
- Choose items from the catalogue to furnish your parklet within the set budget.
- We will build the parklet on your chosen street.
- You will keep the parklet clean, tidy and well maintained for your community.
- The council will be responsible for any major maintenance or repairs that may be required.
Successful applicants will be allocated a ‘virtual’ budget to build a parklet from the Big Shift catalogue.
All parklets will have:
- a base
- two side barriers
- an outer barrier on the roadside.
The allocated budget can be used for optional extras such as:
- cycle parking