Thanks to the Mayor of London’s emergency funding, every primary school child in Lambeth will get free school meals for the 2023/2024 academic year, saving families about £440 per child.
Families who get one of the qualifying benefits below should still complete an application form for free school meals so their child’s school will get the valuable Pupil Premium funding.
Qualifying benefits include:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (if you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of less than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit Universal Credit - if you have an annual net earned income of less than £7,400 (as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of your most recent assessment periods.)
How to apply
Please contact your child's school directly to apply for free school meals or for any queries.