Undecided if cycling is for you?
- Try Before You Bike is a scheme that allows anyone who lives, works or studies in the borough to try out a new or nearly new bike for a monthly fee which you can claim back if you want to buy the bike.
- The monthly fee to hire a bike starts at £10 per month for kids bikes, £30 per month for a standard hybrid bike or folding bike, £75 for an electric bike, £50 for an adaptive bike and £200 for an electric cargo bike.
- Included in the cost is insurance against theft and damage, essential accessories like lights, lock and a helmet and free delivery to your door by a cycling expert who will help get you started.
- If you love your bike you get the hire fees deducted from the price and you can pay the balance through an interest free payment plan or by using the Cycle to Work scheme.
- All the bikes are good quality from makes like Raleigh and Ridgeback and the online ordering system makes it simple to select the right size bike for you.
- If you are a beginner and require more training you can get free cycle skills sessions through the Council’s cycle training program, details of which will be provided when you order your bike.
- Thousands of Londoners have started cycling using this flexible, supportive scheme and it is a great way to get into cycling if you are not ready to go out and buy a new bike yet.
Sign up with Peddle My Wheels who run the programme on behalf of Lambeth Council